Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anthro Tech

There is not a strong culture of utilizing technology to its best capabilities at my school. The main reason for this is that access to technology is somewhat limited. We do not yet have cell service available. The school district has blocked students from using e-mail at school, access to working computers is limited in the middle school, and Internet access is slower than we would like. There are a few Smart Boards in the school, but only one is currently in the middle school. There is a sense of resignation to the fact that using technology is more challenging in Togiak than it might be in Anchorage.

Although it may be more challenging to incorporate the use of technology into teaching, the students enjoy and become more engaged when we bring it into the classroom. The students have had limited exposure to computer use by the time they are in middle school. One of my responsibilities as a teacher is to provide opportunities for students to use tools that will help them be successful in high school and in life. This coming school year I may have the opportunity to use a smart board in my class room. I look forward this coming school year. I plan on utilizing computers for more projects with my students. A copy of the report can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment