Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Digital Story

I made this movie as an assignment for my ED632 class. It is a digital story about a spur of the moment trip I took to Venezuela several years ago. I have hundreds of photos of my trip but can’t find them; I think they are at my mother-in-law’s house. I would have liked to have used more of my personal photos instead of using photos from the web. Most of the photos come from 3 organizations; BBC, USGS, and Fortune City. If I were to do this project again I would find my photos and use them.

The experiences I had in Venezuela made a very significant impact on my life. As I state at the end of the movie, my focus really began to shift from an attitude of “it’s all about me” to being more concerned about others and wanting to give something back. It is part of the reason I became interested in being a teacher. If I were to ask my middle school students to make a movie like this it would be for them to tell about a significant event in their lives; to tell their history and to emphasize that the stories we tell in history are about real people just like them. I hope you enjoy this short movie. The story map can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment